The Food Safety Authority of Ireland (FSAI) is a statutory, independent and science-based body, dedicated to protecting public health and consumer interests in the area of food safety and hygiene. The principal function of the FSAI is to take all reasonable steps to ensure that food produced, distributed or marketed in Ireland meets the highest standards of food safety and hygiene, and complies with all relevant legal requirements.
The FSAI wanted to develop an online learning solution that would support a range of internal training projects for FSAI staff as well as extensive training for other Government Agencies and Food Businesses.
Utilising our expertise in reviewing requirements from a technical, instructional design and graphic design standpoint, we provide a wide range of eLearning services, including:
- Configuration and deployment of the NetDimensions LMS that was integrated with the existing FSAI extranet called SafetyNet.
- Development of a suite of custom eLearning modules, including Staff Orientation, Food Contact Materials and Food Additives, as well as a recent scenario-based digital learning ‘nugget’ on the importance of food safety.
- Development of training materials to support the roll-out of the online MenuCal calorie counting tool, including revision of the materials to reflect new allergens legislation (in conjunction with the Food Standards Agency NI). Online learning materials included an eLearning module, an animated explainer video and product simulation videos demonstrating how to use the tool.
- Working with the FSAI content materials and Subject Matter Experts in developing, remodelling and enhancing paper-based learning material into highly interactive, instructionally sound eLearning content.
- Deployment of a suite of off-the-shelf business skills eLearning modules.
- Development of custom tools to address specific business and training issues, including the ‘Meeting in a Box’ video learning resource and the ‘EasyDOC’ tool to check the compliance of plastic food contact materials Declarations of Compliance.
- Supporting specialist content teams (Subject Matter Experts and classroom trainers) across the FSAI to design, develop and upload eLearning materials through our innovative eLearning capability building programme.
- Provision of a comprehensive technical and end-user support agreement comprising an email and online support tool.
We have helped the FSAI to transform the provision of online training, whilst meeting the required learning and development needs of staff, government agencies and food business.
Positive results have been noted, particularly surrounding the efficiencies created in the roll-out of the online training initiatives.